Waiting for your Debit card to be delivered ??
Why wait , when you can access a Virtual Debit card
Fees & Charges
Steps to Apply
Virtual Debit Card : Benefits
Virtual Debit Card : Features
- Virtual Debit Card can be self generated from Mobile Banking – bob World app.
- Easy Blocking and unblocking
- Facilitates cashless transactions
- Easy and convenient to use.
Virtual Debit Card : Eligibility Criteria
- The Card can be issued to Individual accounts holder / Self-Operated Savings, Current and Overdraft accounts. For joint accounts, with operating instructions as “Either or Survivor” and “Any one or Survivor” the card can be issued to anyone or all the joint account holders.
Virtual Debit Card : Fees & Charges
- Currently, there is no Virtual debit card issuance fees. However, once the card is converted in to physical then the fees (issuance/annual) applicable for physical Debit Cards will be levied.
- Please note, the fees are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of Bank / RBI etc. Refer circular for variant wise fees details. For other service charges related queries, please refer to Debit Card section on our Bank’s website URL: https://www.bankofbaroda.in/interest-rate-and-service-charges/service-charges
Virtual Debit Card : Steps to Apply
What is a Virtual Card?
The Virtual Card is an electronic Debit Card which can be used for ecommerce transactions.
What is the eligibility criteria for issuance of Virtual Debit Card for Bank of Baroda account holders?
The Card can be issued to Individual accounts holder / Self-Operated Savings, Current and Overdraft accounts. For joint accounts, with operating instructions as “Either or Survivor” and “Any one or Survivor” the card can be issued to anyone or all the joint account holders.
How to generate a Virtual Debit Card?
Login >> Go in Card Services >> Click on Virtual Debit Cards option>> Click on Add button to initiate request for New Virtual Debit Card >> Now select the Account number and Card Variant >> Please provide card validity all details and use transaction pin to complete the process.
*Cardholder can set the card usage period as per their wish within the default expiry of 5 years. Please note, once the virtual card is generated the card usage validity cannot be reduced.
What are the different types of Virtual Debit card issued by Bank of Baroda?
At present, Bank is issuing different types of Virtual Debit Card viz., Visa Classic Virtual Debit Card, Visa Platinum Virtual Debit card & RuPay Platinum Virtual Debit Card.
Whether the virtual can be used for ATM/POS transactions?
No, Virtual Card can be used for online transactions only. However, if required customer can convert the generated virtual card into physical card for using the card for ATM & POS transactions.
Steps to Convert Virtual Card to Physical Card:
Login >> Go to Card Services >> Click on Virtual Debit Cards option >> Click on physical card request >> Now select the Virtual Card for which physical card is required >> Click on Confirm >> Enter Transaction PIN.
Please note, once, the physical card is activated using Activate Physical Card option the virtual card will no more be usable and will be removed from virtual card section.
The converted physical card will be visible on bob World App under Manage Debit Card section under “Card” option. The validity of Physical card will be 5 years from the month of conversion.
Is there any Fee for the issuance of Virtual Debit card?
Currently, there is no Virtual debit card issuance fees. However, once the card is converted in to physical then the fees (issuance/annual) applicable for physical Debit Cards will be levied.
How many Virtual Card can be generated through single account?
A particular Virtual Card variant can be issued only two times in ONE* year.
*ONE Year Limit = 12 months from the date of 1st virtual debit card generation of a particular variant.
What is Usage Validity?
Usage validity is set by the Cardholder during generation of Virtual Card. The usage validity can be within the default expiry of 5 years. The minimum card usage validity will be 6 months from the month of virtual debit card issuance.
Please note, once the virtual card is generated the card usage validity cannot be reduced from the initially set card usage validity.
Ex: Virtual card Generation Month/Year: 05/22
Initial card usage validity Month/Year – 11/22
Card Expiry Month/Year: 04/27
Now from the above example it is clear that the card usage validity can only be extended to any month post 11/22 within the card expiry i.e. 04/27.
What are the different modes for Virtual Card Issuance?
The option of generation of Virtual Card is available through Mobile Banking – bob World.
How to enable Virtual Card for online transactions?
The virtual card shall be enabled for online transactions on the selection of “confirmation to allow” to enable for domestic online transactions during virtual debit card issuance. However, upon conversion to physical debit card, the Debit Card will be enabled only for ATM & POS Contact transactions in India. However, if customer wants to enable the converted physical debit card for online/contactless/international transactions the same can be enabled through BOB ATM, IVR, bob world (Mobile Banking) & Internet Banking. (bob World Internet).
How to use a Virtual Debit Card for online transactions?
Customer to follow below steps to do online transactions:
- Visit merchant website or app from which goods or services to be purchased.
- Select debit card as a payment mode.
- Enter Card Details:
- Full card number
- Cardholder Name
- Expiry date (Customer to enter default expiry date of virtual card and not the card usage validity)
- Click proceed.
- Enter OTP which is sent to the customer registered mobile number.
- Click Submit.
- Transaction is successful.
What is procedure to block a Virtual Card?
The blocking of Virtual Debit Card can be done via–
- bob World App (Mobile Banking Application)
- bob World Internet (Internet Banking)
- WhatsApp Banking
- By Visiting Base Branch (available during branch operations time)
In addition to the blocking of card the customer can also set limit (from 0 to maximum limit of Debit Card variant) for E-Com transaction through the Debit Card Limit setting option available in IVR, bob World App (Mobile Banking Application) & bob World Internet (Internet Banking).
How De-hot listing/De-blocking of Virtual Debit Card can be done?
Customer can de-hot listed / de-blocked virtual debit card by visiting his/her branch
Whether Green PIN can be generated for Virtual Card?
No, Green PIN cannot be generated for virtual card, however post conversion & activation to physical card green PIN can be generated through available channels i.e. BOB ATM or bob World App or bob World Internet or IVR.
Whether the Virtual Card can be used for registration of other ADC channels such as Internet Banking or set/reset PIN for UPI, Internet Banking (bob World Internet) etc.?
Please find the below details of facility which can be availed using virtual card:
- Set/reset UPI PIN
Further, post conversion to physical the same can be used for other services such as:
- Self-registration for Internet Banking (bob World Internet).
- Set reset password for Internet banking (bob World Internet) using debit card.
Whether Virtual Debit Cards will be renewed automatically?
No, the Virtual Debit Card will not be renewed. The card will be closed upon expiry of the Usage Validity or Default Expiry Period whichever is earlier.
Can the customer enable / disable his virtual debit cards for operations in various channels viz., online transactions?
Yes. The Customer can enable / disable the card transactions for various channels viz., online transactions through IVR, bob world App (Mobile Banking) & bob World Internet (Internet Banking).
Can the customer set their daily transaction limits for eCom transactions?
Yes. The Customer can set their daily transaction limit for eCom transactions within the overall daily limit of the card through IVR, bob world App (Mobile Banking) & bob World Internet (Internet Banking).
Whether Card Enhancing Security features will be available for converted Physical Debit Cards?
Yes. Once, the Virtual card is converted to Physical Debit Card, all the services that are available for physical debit card will be available for converted to Physical Debit Card.
What will be the limit of ATM/POS transactions upon conversion of virtual to physical debit card?
Once, the Virtual card is converted to Physical Debit Card, all the services that are available for physical debit card will be available for converted to Physical Debit Card. Details given below:
ATM Daily Limit
Ecom Daily Limit
NOTE: The above mentioned variants will be enabled by default for ATM & POS transactions in India only. However, if required, customer has the facility for enabling/disabling the online/ / contactless / international transactions using BOB ATM or IVR or bob world App (Mobile Banking) or bob World Internet (Internet Banking).
Whether customer can directly initiate an online transaction upon conversion of virtual to physical debit card?
No, once the conversion of physical card request is entered and card is received at customer’s end, below steps to be followed for doing online transactions:
- "Activate debit card" under virtual debit card section.
- Initiate a Green PIN transaction through any one of the alternate delivery channels i.e. BOB ATM or bob world App (Mobile Banking) bob World Internet (Internet Banking) or IVR.
- Enable card for online transactions through any one of the alternate delivery channels i.e. BOB ATM or bob world App (Mobile Banking) bob World Internet (Internet Banking) or IVR.
- Now, card is activated for online transactions.