A Great Future is built on a Glorious Past.
Bank of Baroda is an Indian state-owned International banking and
financial services company headquartered in Vadodara (earlier known as Baroda) in Gujarat, India.
Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III
The founder of Bank of Baroda
The bank was founded by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III on
20 July 1908. The bank, along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, was
nationalised on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India and has been designated as a
profit-making public sector undertaking (PSU).
- The Bank was set up at Baroda by the Maharaja of Baroda, Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad - III
- First Branch Mandvi, Baroda
First Branch at Bombay
First Branch at Calcutta
First Branch at Delhi
The first two overseas branches are Mombasa (Kenya) and Kampala (Uganda).
Established its operations in United Kingdom at London
First bank in India to set up Mobile Branches.
Established Department of Agriculture Finance
Nationalisation of Banks. "The Bank of Baroda Ltd." became "Bank of Baroda."
First Regional Rural Bank (RRB) opened in Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh.
Attains first rank among nationalized banks in terms of total deposits, owned funds, and net profits.
- Beginning of computerization and mechanization of operations.
- BOBCARD introduced.
One of the First nationalized Banks to tap Capital Market through Public Issue of Equity Shares
State-of-the-art Specialty Establishment of Integrated Treasury Branch (SITB).
Relocated its Corporated Headquarters to the imposing Baroda Corporate Centre at Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai
Launched Baroda Swarajgar Vikas Sansthan - An exclusive institution for training of the Rural Youth
- Launched the New Corporate Identity - The Baroda Sun
- Mr. Rahul Dravid appointed Brand Ambassador.
- Signed contract with Hewlett Packard as Technology Partner
- Commissioned State-of-the-art Global Data Centre
- Established India's First Retail Loan Factory built around assembly line production principle - An innovative Sales & Delivery Model
- Launched Core Banking Solution and Internet Banking
- Established India's First SME Loan Factory built around assembly line production principle - An innovative Sales & Delivery Model
- Bank of Baroda Centenary Festival.
- Established India's First Gen-Next Branch, A unique fusion of "Hi-Tech and High-Touch" Bank dedicated to youth
- Interconnected 24 Hours ATM Network
- Established Baroda Grameen Paramarsh Kendra (BGPK) in quest of Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Set up a Joint Venture for Mutual Funds "Baroda Pioneer Asset Management Company Ltd." with Pioneer Investments of Italy
100 years "Young" Organisation - Celebrated Completion of 100 years of establishment
- "Baroda Next" - State of the art straight from the heart banking technology solution was introduced.
- 100% implementation of Core Banking Solution - An "Any Time Any Where Banking" facility (Domestic)
- Launched Bank's BPR project - "Project - Navnirmaan" covering BPR and organizational restructuring and modernization of Branches
- Set up a Joint Venture for Life Insurance "IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Ltd." with Legal & General of UK and Andhra Bank
Launched Brand Mascot 'Stickman' increasing usage of alternate delivery channels
- Launched "Baroda M-Connect" - The mobile banking facility for banking transactions using mobile phone
- A global network of 3500+ branches and 1700+ networked ATMs offering an All inclusive "Any Time Any Where Banking"
- Opening of 100th Overseas Branch in Dubai.
- Launched Pilot Agri Loan Factory.
- Launched E-Lobby concept of 24 x 7 Banking encompassing various banking facilities under one roof.
- Launched Baroda Adarsh Grameen Branch - An innovative Rural Branch concept of engaging Villagers.
- Launched Door Step Banking Services.
- Names Brand Mascot as: BOBMitra - Dost You Can Bank On.
- More than 25000 customer touch points (5000+ Branches, 6250+ ATMs. 25 Countries).
- Foray into Social Media - Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Beginning of "Business Process Transformation" with Navodaya Project.
- FIFA U-17 World Cup first national supporter.
- Launch of Supply Chain Finance.
- Launch of Digi Next-Cash management Services.
- Launch of bank presence on "Instagram" Platform.
- On-boarding of Ace Badminton players PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth (Brand Endorser).
- Launch of Baroda Kissan App.
- Launch of "Baroda Radiance" - Premium banking services.
- Launch of bank presence on "LinkedIn" Platform.
- First ever tripartite amalgamation of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank & Dena Bank.
- Introducing "BOB NOWW" - Transformation project to build a futuristic bank.
- "Launch of "bob World".
- Launch of "Website centralization" project.
- Launch of end to end Video KYC Based online account opening."
- Onboarding of youngest woman cricketer Shafali Verma (Brand Endorser).
- Winner of 'The Best Technology Bank' 2nd time in a row by Indian Banks' Association.
- Certified as "Great Place To Work" by Great Place to Work® Institute.
- Launch of banks presence on "Quora" Platform.