A right career begins with a right education.
Leave a missed call on: 8467001122
Education Loan EMI Calculator
Rate of Interest(%):5%15%
Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) will be₹49,209
Baroda Education Loan for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions in India
This study loan is offered to resident Indians for an amount up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs. The student must have secured admission in the institute and must be employed during the course of study.
Interest rates & charges
Terms & Conditions
Executive Development Programmes (part time/weekend/online/programmes) being offered by premier institutions as listed under List AA, A, B & C of premier institutions in India (including the programmes offered using the technology platform of Hughes Global Education, Times Pro, etc.)
- Should be Resident Indian.
- Secured admission in professional/technical courses in India conducted by premier institutions as listed in list AA, A, B & C.
- Should be gainfully employed and would continue to be in gainful employment during study.
Rate of Interest:
List-AA / A institutions : BRLLR
- Up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs: BRLLR + 1.10% (including strategic premium)
- Above Rs. 7.5 lakhs: BRLLR + 0.85% (including strategic premium)
- Up to Rs. 7.5 lacs: BRLLR + 1.85% (including Strategic Premium)
- Above Rs. 7.50 lakhs: BRLLR + 1.60% (including Strategic Premium)
No special concession for female students under this scheme.
Servicing of interest during the moratorium period will be compulsory.
Service Charges (Excluding GST) w.e.f. 20/06/2019:
Study in India - Nil
Study abroad - 1.00% of loan amount(maximum Rs. 10,000) to be recovered upfront which will be refundable on availing (first disbursement) of loan.
Education loan for students of premier institutions (studies in India): Nil
Education loan for vocational education and training: Nil
Career Development: 0.50%
- A non-refundable lump sum amount Rs. 8,500 per property (towards advocate and valuer charges) to be taken upfront in case of all education loan accounts, wherever property is mortgaged.
- No mortgage creation charges for all types of education loans.
Students pursuing executive development programmes (part time/weekend/online/programmes) being offered by premier institutions as listed under list AA, A, B & C of premier institutions in India (including the programmes offered using the technology platform of Hughes Global Education, Times Pro etc., professional and other courses in India).
Quantum of finance
Maximum Rs. 20 lakhs
Up to Rs. 4 lakhs: Nil
Above Rs. 4 lakhs: 5%
Repayment Holiday/ Moratorium Period
Course period + 3 months.
Coverage of expenses for
- Fee payable to college/institution/university/school/hostel.
- Examination/library/laboratory fee.
- Purchase of books/equipment/instruments/uniforms.
- Caution deposit, building fund/refundable deposit supported by institution bills/ receipts, subject to condition that the amount does not exceed 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course.
- Purchase of personal computer/laptop - essential for completion of the course.
- Insurance premium for student/borrower, if any opted by the student. Presently the bank has a tie up arrangement with M/s. India First Life Insurance Co and M/s. Kotak Life Insurance co for Group Credit Life insurance cover to education loan borrowers.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course like study tours, project works, thesis, etc.
- Except the living expenses, hostel charges, mess charges, other living expenses and cost of external coaching/tuition.
Note: The details of expenses for the entire course period to be obtained from college/institution.
- The loan is repayable in maximum 10-15 years after the completion of the moratorium period as mentioned above.
- For loans up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs : Moratorium Period + Maximum 120 instalments
- For Loans above Rs. 7.5 lakhs : Moratorium Period + Maximum 180 instalments
Unified Processing charges
NIL for all cases
A non-refundable lump sum amount Rs.7,500 per property (towards advocate and valuer charges) to be taken upfront in case of all education loan accounts, wherever property is mortgaged.
Collateral free Loan up to Rs. 15 lakhs
100 % Collateral Security for Loan above Rs. 15 lakhs for full value of loan
Directly to school/Institution/year wise, in stages as per the requirement/demand.
Directly to the book seller/shop for purchase of books, instruments, equipment.
Branch in the vicinity of the institute.
Branch which is in close proximity to the permanent residence of parent/at the place of posting/service of the parent branch.
# In case where the programmes are being offered by these premier institutions in collaboration with the technology partners like Huges, Times Pro etc., the centres of such technology partners may be treated at par with the institutions and a branch in the vicinity of the centre of such technology partners can also sanction.
Who can apply for the loan?
Any Indian national fulfilling criteria stated above is eligible for education loan.
Who can be co-obligant?
The parents, guardians, friends and relative can be co-obligant.
How much does Bank of Baroda lend?
Bank of Baroda extends need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents/student with margin up to following ceilings.
Studies in India - Maximum Rs. 10 lakhs
Studies abroad - Maximum Rs. 20 lakhs.
For how long a period can I get the loan?
We grant loans for a term of 5-7 years after repayment holiday/moratorium.
What is the repayment holiday/moratorium period?
Course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting a job whichever is earlier..
What is the mode of repayment?
The accrued interest during the repayment holiday period to be added to the principal and repayment in Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) is fixed.
Do you offer any concession?
Yes, we do offer 1% interest concession to the student loanee, if the interest is serviced during the study period when repayment holiday is specified for interest/repayment under the scheme. Additionally, 1% interest concession is provided to girl students.
What type of interest do you charge under your Education Loan Scheme?
We charge simple interest at monthly rests during the repayment holiday/moratorium period.
Do you levy any penalty for default under the scheme?
Yes, we charge penal interest @ 2% on overdue amount in the loan exceeding Rs. 4 lakhs.
Baroda Gyan Loan
Baroda Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions
Skill Loan Scheme
Government of India Interest Subsidy Schemes for Education Loan
Baroda Education Loans for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions Abroad
Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme for Pursuing Higher Education in Delhi
01 Nov 2019Applying for an education loan – the procedure you need to follow
01 Nov 2019How to apply for an education loan – a step by step guide