Connecting rural India to mainstream banking.
Empowering farmers with instant banking solutions.
Please fill in these details, so we can call you back and assist you.
Who can avail Agri Loans ?
Following entities can avail loans under various agri lending schemes:
- Individuals including farmers, Self Help Groups (SHGs) or Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)
- Landless agricultural labourers, tenant farmers, oral lessees and sharecroppers whose share of landholding is within the limits prescribed for Small and Marginal Farmers
- Proprietorship firms, Partnership firms and Co-operatives
- Corporate farmers, Startups, Farmer Producer Organizations/Companies(FPOs)/(FPCs), Companies of Individual Farmers
What are the activities/purpose for which I can avail loan under agriculture?
- Bank of Baroda offers a wide range of Agricultural Loans to fulfill all your Agricultural needs right from sowing to marketing
- To know more about different agri lending schemes of Bank of Baroda, follow the URL: https://www.bankofbaroda.in/business-banking/rural-and-agri/loans-and-advances
What is the eligibility criteria for Agriculture Loans ?
- The eligibility criteria to avail loan under different Agriculture Loan schemes depends on multiple factors like location, crop grown/activity undertaken, source of irrigation, purpose of loan, value of land, credit history, techno-economic feasibility etc.
- For a specific agriculture loan, one needs to contact the local branch for more information
What is the age criteria for availing loans ?
- Minimum age criteria for availing Agri Loans is 18 years and maximum up to 70 years as on the date of availing facility. If the age of land holder exceeds 70 years, in such case the legal heirs to be made co borrowers
Whether co-applicant and/or guarantor is compulsory for availing loans ?
- Co-applicant and/or guarantor is not compulsory for availing Agri loans. However, co-applicant and/or guarantor may be required for the purpose of calculation of income, availability of security, age of borrower etc.
What are the applicable Rate of Interest for Agri Loans ?
What are the other charges applicable for availing a Agri Loans from BOB ?
- Other charges include processing, documentation, post-sanction inspection charges applicable for availing Agri loans will be as per the Bank‘s extant guidelines. However, there is no processing charges for aggregate exposure under agricultural finance up to Rs. 3 lakhs. To know more Click here
What is the available loan tenure for Agri Loans ?
- The loan tenure depends on the type of activity for which the loan is availed. The loan tenure in Agri Loans ranges from 12 months to 15 years
What is the repayment frequency/schedule for Agri Loans ?
- Repayment schedule in Agri loans is based on factors like cropping pattern/cash flow of the borrower, purpose of investment, economic life of asset etc. The Repayment frequency for Agri Loans can be as Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly or yearly based on these factors
What is the collateral requirement for Agricultural Loans ?
- As per RBI norms, agriculture loans up to aggregate amount of Rs. 1.60 lakh do not require any collateral security. For loans above Rs. 1.60 lakh, the security requirements are set as per the Scheme and Bank’s terms and conditions. This would vary for different schemes
What are the basic documents required to avail Agriculture Loans ?
Following are the documents required to avail agricultural loans:
- KYC Documents (AADHAR, Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License etc.)
- Passport Size photo
- Land Record
- Quotation/Invoice (if available)
- Project Report (if available)
- IT Returns
What is the age criteria for availing loans ?
- You can avail subsidy under different schemes sponsored by different State Level and National Level Agencies. Availability of subsidy is subject to various factors like latest Government notification, norms laid in that, sponsoring agencies, nature of activity, location of project (State/Rural area), social categories of Applicant i.e. SC/ST/OBC/Women etc.
- The sanction of subsidy is completely based on the laid down norms of the subsidy sanctioning agency
- The bank has no role in terms of sanction of subsidies from respective agencies
Can women apply for Agricultural Loans ?
- Yes. Bank of Baroda encourages women to get engaged towards agricultural activities and hence women are eligible under all agri lending schemes of our Bank
Whether takeover of loans are allowed in BOB ?
- Yes, takeover of loans are allowed in BOB. Decision on takeover of loans is made after scrutinizing loan applications on different Financial & Non – Financial Parameters of the borrowers
Whether total project cost is financed by Bank under agriculture ?
- Bank finances Agriculture Loan based on the financial viability and technical feasibility of the project. However, based on the type of loan, borrower has to contribute the required margin as per the Bank Norm. The minimum margin requirement varies according to the type of project. Viz the minimum margin for KCC is Nil, Mini Dairy is 10%, Tractor Loan is 15%, for construction of farm structure is 15% etc.
Whether any credit guarantee is available for availing loans ?
- Credit guarantee facilities are offered by various agencies to avail loan for different Agri and allied activities like SFAC offer Credit guarantee to FPCs, CGTMSE to food & agro based units, CGFMU for SHG, NCDC to Cooperatives availing loan for Agri Purposes, NABARD to NBFCs and MFIs etc. To avail credit guarantee from these agencies, the borrower should comply with the eligibility criteria as specified in the scheme document of each agencies
How can I apply for Agri Loans ?
You can avail Agri Loans by visiting your nearest Bank of Baroda Branch or any of the BOB’s Business Correspondent (BC) working in your area. To explore our Branch network, click the URL
Our Bank has also developed various alternative channels to help interested parties to register interest for agri loans. Below are the alternate channels to apply for agri loans:
What are important sites to check new updates on subsidy and Agri related activities ?
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare - http://agriculture.gov.in/
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development - https://www.nabard.org
- National Horticulture Board - http://nhb.gov.in
- Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying and Fisheries - http://dahd.nic.in/
- Departments of Agriculture of states and Union Territories - https://agricoop.nic.in/
- Farmers' Portal of India by Department of Agriculture and Cooperation - https://farmer.gov.in/
Bank of Baroda | #ThisIsHow you can apply for Agriculture Loan onlineEW-SJCYKuRI