BHIM Aadhaar Pay
Bank of Baroda has launched the BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay – a simple and secure payment system especially created for merchants and vendors. It is an android-supported, mobile application available on the Google Play Store that enables merchants to receive over-the-counter, digital payments from customers by easy Aadhaar authentication.
What is BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay?
BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay is Bank of Baroda’s digital payment acceptance solution that allows customers to pay for their purchases directly from their bank accounts. The application is especially created for retail merchants who can accept payments with the help of android and biometric devices. Retail merchants can receive digital payments over the counter, simply by authenticating the Aadhaar number and biometrics of customers to pay for their purchases. As long as the customer has linked his bank accounts (including non-Bank of Baroda Accounts) to his Aadhaar card, it doesn’t matter which bank account he uses to pay for his purchases. Once the biometrics and Aadhaar number is verified, the funds are transferred from the customer’s account to the merchant’s account in real time. The maximum limit on a transaction made with the BHIM Aadhaar Payment app is ₹10,000.
Requirements for the merchant to start using BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay
Merchants will need:
- A Bank of Baroda current/savings account linked to their Aadhaar Card.
- A Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification (STQC) certified biometric reader along with a micro USB/USB C-type connector.
- An internet-enabled android smartphone or tablet with a version higher than Android 4.2 as well as OTG (On-the-go) support for connecting the biometric device.
- The Android device should be able to power the biometric reader.
How to go live with BHIM Aadhaar Pay
- Download the BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay Android App
- Fill the application form and sign the merchant agreement
- The bank will carry out the on-boarding registration process and agreement through its regions/zones
Advantages of using BHIM Aadhaar Pay
- Merchants can receive payments directly into their accounts
- Customers can pay for their purchases from their bank account directly
- No need for customers to pay in cash as payments are made through Aadhaar linked bank accounts
- No need to carry debit or credit cards or sign for purchases
- Safe, simple and easy to use
- Secure method of payment as biometrics of an individual cannot be forged
- Transaction is initiated simply through biometric information
- Can be operated with various banks
- Can be used for home-delivery payments too as vendors can carry their phone and biometric scanner with them easily
How can merchants use BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay?
Merchants can initiate transactions as customers pay for their purchases with their Aadhaar number and their biometrics. This allows merchants to receive money directly into their bank account. Merchants can also check if the transaction is successful in real time and get an account of pending and failed transactions instantly.
WWhat kind of device do I need to use BHIM Aadhaar Pay?
You must have an internet enabled Android phone or tablet with a version higher than Android 4.2. The BHIM Aadhaar app is not available on the iOS store currently
What qualifies one as a merchant?
Under the Bhim Aadhaar Pay app, a merchant is defined as any entity engaged in trading goods and services, receiving payments through the BHIM Aadhaar Pay app of those banks which use Aadhaar authentication of customers
Does the merchant require Aadhaar authentication to use the BHIM Aadhaar Baroda Pay app?
Yes, merchants are required to complete their Aadhaar authentication to use the app. Merchants can complete the registration using devices such as Micro-ATM/mPOS, Kiosk/Mobile handset or tablet.