An elite personalized banking experience awaits you.
Choose our Value Added Services.
Open NRI Account
Simple Steps to Open NRI Account
Any non-resident Indians (NRI)/person of Indian origin(PIO) can open NRE/FCNR account with us. NRI/PIO can be defined as under:
Who is NRI?
Indian citizens staying abroad for employment/studies or for carrying on any business or on vacation or for any other purpose in circumstances indicating an indefinite period of stay outside India (except of Pakistan and Bangladesh).
Who is PIO?
A citizen of any country other than Bangladesh or Pakistan who had:
- at any time held Indian passport or
- he or either of his parents or any of his grandparents was a citizen of India or
- the person is a spouse of an Indian citizen or a person referred to in (a) or (b).
Account Opening Form
- NRIs/PIOs to fill the account opening form (AOF) - also available at our website www.bankofbaroda.com or contact our overseas/domestic branch or NRI Services department.
- AOF duly completed with relevant documents to be submitted to the branch (with which NRI wishes to open account - details of branches available on bank’s website) or any overseas branch/office (except New York) accessible to NRI locally.
- Account can be opened in name of NRI/PIO -
- Singly or jointly with another NRI/PIO with operational instructions as ‘jointly by both/all’ or ‘either or survivor’
- Jointly with resident Indian with operational instructions ‘former or survivor’.
- Signature(s) of the applicant(s) on AOF and all documents enclosed with AOF to be verified by an official signature and seal/stamp.
- Indian High Commission/Consulate/Embassy
- Notary Public
- 2 passport size latest photographs.
- Copies of passport and residence, visa/ID card/PIO card.
- Copies of any of utility bills viz. fixed telephone bill, electricity bill, gas bill, water bill or council tax bill not older than three months.
These utilities bills may be issued in your favour showing either your present residence abroad.
For opening account, initial foreign inward remittance to be sent by
- Demand draft/mail transfer in foreign currency/INR.
- Cashier’s cheque/personal cheque in foreign currency/INR.
- SWIFT/wire/telegraphic transfer.
- Foreign currency/traveller’s cheques.
- Minimum balance for NRE/NRO SB account is equivalent to Rs. 1000.
How can you remit money?
- By our in-house online money transfer facility Rapid Funds2 India from our overseas branches.
- By our online remittance product Baroda RemitXpress from USA, UK and Euro Zone
- Through SWIFT/ wire funds transfer.
Instructions for remittance in foreign currency by SWIFT/wire transfer:-
Please arrange foreign currency funds transfer by SWIFT/wire transfer to any of the following nostro accounts of Bank of Baroda specialized integrated treasury branch (SWIFT Code: BARBINBBTSY).
|Foreign Currency||Correspondent Bank & A/C||SWIFT Code|
|USD||Bank of Baroda, New York ABA Routing no. 026-005-322 A/c No. 93010200000070 (for NRE SB account) or A/c No. 93010200000076 (for FCNR account)||BARBUS33|
|GBP||Bank of Baroda, London Main - UK
Sort Code : 60-93-71
A/c No. : 94100292000557 (for NRE SB account) or
A/c No. : 94100292000972 (for FCNR account)
|EUR||Bank of Baroda, Brussels, Belgium
A/c. : 94210200000729(for NRE and FCNR accounts)
|AUD||ANZ Banking Group, Melbourne
A/c No. : 835074/00001
|CAD||Bank of Montreal, Toronto
A/c No. :31441020252
|JPY||Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Tokyo
A/c No. : 11243069
|New Zealand Dollar||Bank of New Zealand, Wellington
A/c No. : 2651970000
|CHF||UBS AG, Zurich
A/c No. : 02300000036388050000C
|SAR-Saudi Riyal||Saudi British Bank, Riyadh
A/c No. : 001551761900
Essential details for SWIFT remittance to India (from any country/bank)
- Bank’s SWIFT Code for all remittances except FCNR deposit: BARBINBBXXX. For FCNR deposit: BARBINBBNBO.
- Account with Institution: Give full details of bank, branch and its complete address, where the new account is to be opened/beneficiary is maintaining account.
- Beneficiary Customer: Give account number, name, address and phone/fax (if available) of the beneficiary.
- Purpose of Remittance: For opening new account/credit to beneficiaries account in INR/foreign currency-FCNR, etc.
For opening FCNR deposits note to mention FCNR or F.CNR in field 72 to avoid charges (if the correspondent bank is Bank of Baroda).
Our Contact Details
Mr. Arup Sarkar
Nri Business Department,
Bank of Baroda
Baroda Corporate Centre,
2nd Floor,C - 8, Laxmi Tower,
Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra (East), Mumbai-400051,India
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Contact : +91 22 6884 3907, +91 22 6884 3909, +91 22 6884 3904
Please fill in these details, so we can call you back and assist you.