Pay your Bank of Baroda Loan EMIs via bob World app
02 Sep 2022
Table of Content
Digital economy creates many new economic opportunities. It can help improve economic and social outcomes, and be a force for innovation and productivity growth. Government of India’s Digital India programme aims to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
With the steep rise in the number of transactions that we make daily, having an app dedicated to all your financial activities is a must. To help you manage your Bank of Baroda accounts with ease, the bob World App has been introduced.
Bank of Baroda aims to digitize its products and services to offer customer’s comfort, convenience and safety of transacting from home. In this endeavour bank has launched a digital banking ecosystem “bob World” bob World is a sub-brand for all the digital products and services of the Bank. Under this umbrella bank has bob World mobile application that offers a wide gamut of banking products and services. The application has over 250+ services to provide a seamless 360° experience for our customers under four pillars SAVE,INVEST,BORROW,SHOP. A truly all-in-one app with best in class products and services.
With this product bank wants to offer a one stop solution to customers across the length and breadth of the country to access not only financial services but all other lifestyle requirements.
Through bob World you can also pay loan EMIs and easily track your loan repayment with this particular app. The following article will brief you about everything you need to know about how to pay loan online using the bob World app.
First, let’s learn a little more about bob World.
About bob World App
The Mobile Banking application of Bank of Baroda is one of the finest Digital Banking products offered to customers. It services customer needs, whether it be shopping, booking travel, checking credit score, payments, digital loan requirements or the need to open a complete digital account within a few clicks through this application. This is an all-In-one app shall cover customer’s all financial, non –financial and eco-system needs.
The present app has four primary pillars – invest, save, borrow and shop. Each category offers a number of services that promise an enhanced banking experience.
This app can be accessed 24*7 from anywhere across the globe. You can now book flights, shop from your favourite brands, keep a check on your credit score and manage debit card controls in just a few clicks.
Top features of bob World app
Here is a quick look at the features of the bob World app:
- Enjoy an easy-to-understand user interface that allows you to make payments and invest your money hassle-free.
- Maximum security ensured with mandatory dual-pin for app login and money transfers.
- Get details about your account and make seamless transactions through this Bank of Baroda mobile banking app.
- Stand a chance to earn exciting rewards by referring and inviting your friends to opt for bob World for their digital banking needs.
- Open a savings account or apply for a personal loan with the Bank of Baroda instantly via the bob World app. In fact, with the app, you can now complete your KYC procedure for account opening online via video calling.
- Learn and invest in government schemes like PPF, APY and SSA in no time with Bank of Baroda.
- Pay loan EMIs online without missing out on the due date with the bob World app.
- Manage your bank debit and credit cards
- Shop, book flights and hotels and do recharges
Steps to download the bob World app
Follow these simple steps to get started with the bob World app:
- You can easily download the bob World app from Google Play Store or iOS App store.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the bob World app on your phone, enter your registered mobile number linked to your bank account.
- On doing so, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number. Enter the OTP to confirm your mobile number.
- Post this, click on the register for mobile banking tab on your mobile screen.
- Feed-in your 14 - digit bank account number to register your account.
- Enter your debit card details to proceed further.
- Cross-check if you filled in all required details correctly and click on the submit button.
- The next step is creating a 4- digit unique PIN that you will require for every digital transaction you make through the app.
- Re-enter the PIN to confirm it as your transaction PIN.
- In addition to this, you also need to create another 4 – digit PIN that is different from the transaction PIN. This particular PIN will be used to login into the application.
On completing these steps, you have successfully registered for Bank of Baroda mobile banking.
Now, go ahead and enjoy the features of this app.
Procedure to pay loan online
Here is how you can pay loan EMI online through the bob World App (Within Bank account):
- Login to the bob World app using your mobile number and login PIN.
- On your mobile screen, look for the Fund transfer tab.
- Under that TAB Go to Within Bank in Self Link Account
- Select the Debit account, in to option select the Loan account which will be auto fetched.
- Enter the amount and remarks and click on Proceed.
- Click on Confirm.
- You are now required to enter your 4 – digit transaction PIN.
- Click on the submit button and make the payment.
- You will be notified by the bank via SMS and email about successful debit from your account.
If you do not wish to use the bob World app to pay loan EMI online, you can choose to make the payment via an NEFT/ Bank transfer, pay with your credit/debit card or use UPI apps like Paytm as well.
Procedure to pay loan online (other than Bank)
Click on Fund Transfer
- Click on Transfer to account to Pay EMI for loan account In Other Bank
- Select transfer option IMPS/NEFT/RTGS
- Select From Account
- Select beneficiary from beneficiary list
- Enter Beneficiary Loan account number
- Confirm Beneficiary Loan account number
- Enter IFSC
- Enter Amount and Remarks
- Click on Proceed
- Check the details and click on confirm
- Enter Transaction Pin to complete the transaction
- For Scheduling the transaction, click on Schedule
- Select Start date
- Select frequency
- Enter Number of Payments
- Check the details and click on confirm
- Enter Transaction Pin to complete the transaction
Benefits of bob World:
Convenience – The prime benefit that bob World gives you is convenience. You do not need to stand in long queues to pay bills anymore. You can pay your bills and EMIs online with the bob World app from the comfort of your home or at work. Moreover, you can make all kinds of transactions on one platform. So, there is no need to visit multiple portals at a time to make payments.
Keeps you updated – It is quite natural that you might forget payment due dates with the hassles of everyday life. Missing out on due dates can lead you to pay hefty penalties and negatively impact your credit score. The bob World app comes in handy here. It keeps you updated of the upcoming payment due dates. This ensures that you make sure you make timely payments without fail.
Allows you to make recurring payments – There are few payments like utility bills, loan EMIs, and insurance premiums that are recurring. For bills like these, you can set up standing instructions in your app to make payments automatically on your behalf every month. This saves you from the hassle of remembering to make manual payments.
Accessibility – Whether you are binge-watching TV shows in your living room or vacationing in any part of the world, you can now access your bank accounts instantly with bob World. Pay loan EMIs, open a new savings account or raise a query at any point of time with bob mobile banking.
Go ahead and download the bob World app today to experience true ease of banking.
Internet of Value: Internet 2.0
Internet in its current phase, has revolutionised almost all businesses across geographies. However, the current phase, ‘Internet of Information’ focuses solely on information exchange in the form of documents, images and videos.
Although information moves around the world instantly, a single payment from one country to another is still slow and expensive. In the US, a typical international payment takes 3-5 days to settle, has an error rate of at least 5% and an average cost of $42. Worldwide, there are $180 trillion worth of cross-border payments made every year, with a combined cost of more than $1.7 trillion a year.
With the emergence of blockchain, a new phase of internet called ‘Internet of Value’ has emerged. Internet of Value is underpinned by blockchain, which is the evolutionary technology that supports digital currency. With Internet of Value, a transaction such as a foreign currency payment can happen instantly, just as how people have been sharing information online for decades. Internet of Value can also enable the exchange of any asset that is of value, including stocks, frequent flyer points, securities, intellectual property, music, scientific discoveries etc.
Multiple startups have started working on this front. Fusion is an innovative blockchain solution created to bridge the interoperability gap between different blockchains through cross-chain transactions. It also has the potential to create off-chain transactions as the inevitability of a value-driven economy becomes more pronounced.
Similarly, Wanchain offers a unique solution for overcoming the limitations on cross-chain transactions through mass-market adoption of blockchain technology. It is developing a new distributed financial infrastructure that will connect the world’s digital assets. In order to facilitate the digitization of assets, Wanchain has built an internal private blockchain through which users can build smart contracts for a practical transfer of value.
Currently, there are various blockchain-based platforms which are not compatible with each other. Hence, assets on these platforms can’t be freely exchanged. For the internet of value to become a reality, uniform industry standards must be adopted in order to homogenize the world’s different financial systems.
We believe that this process of standardization can have a transformative impact on businesses in today’s world. This impact can be as instrumental as globalization efforts in 1950s or standardization of web protocols in the 1980s.
A Complete A-Z Guide on UAN Number
The UAN full form is Unique Account Number. It is a 12-digit code that helps you access your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account. The UAN can help access various services linked to your EPF account such as checking your PF account balance, applying for a PF loan or withdrawing money from your PF account. It is assigned to you by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization) through your employer at the time of subscription. The UAN remains the same regardless of the jobs you change and hence, it can help you get independent access to your provident fund account. Whenever you change your job, the EPFO generates a new EPF account ID and links it to your UAN. This way you do not have to create new PF accounts every time you switch your job and enables you to view and reconcile your EPF account history quite conveniently.