A right career begins with a right education.
Leave a missed call on: 8467001122
Education Loan EMI Calculator
Rate of Interest(%):5%15%
Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) will be₹49,209
This loan is given out for school education in any recognized school. The maximum loan granted is Rs. 4 lakhs and is payable in 12 installments after disbursement.
Interest rates & charges
Terms & Conditions
- Loan for School Education (Target Group: Parents of Students pursuing school education from Nursery to Class XII.)
- No processing charges
- No documentation charges
- No margin
- Should be an Indian national residing in India.
- Student should have secured admission to a recognized school / Highschool / Jr. College (including CBSE / ICSE / State Board) for any of the following courses
- Stage I : Nursery to V th STD.
- Stage II : VI th to VIII STD.
- Stage III : IX th to XII th STD.
- Evening courses of institutes approved by State /Central Govt.
- Loan to be granted in the name of father/mother of the student
Rate of Interest:
- BRLLR + strategic premium + 2.85%
- 0.50% concession in rate of interest to loans for female students.
- Interest to be serviced as and when applied during moratorium period.
- Penal interest @ 2% on overdue amount if the loan amount exceeds Rs. 2 lakhs.
Service Charges (Excluding GST) w.e.f. 20/06/2019:
Study in India- Nil
Study abroad - 1.00% of loan amount (maximum Rs. 10,000) to be recovered upfront which will be refundable on availment (first disbursement) of the loan.
Education loan for students of premier institutions (studies in India): Nil
Education loan for vocational education and training: Nil
Career Development - 0.50%
- A non-refundable lump sum amount Rs. 8,500 per property (towards advocate and valuer charges) to be taken upfront in case of all education loan accounts, wherever property is mortgaged.
- No mortgage creation charges for all types of education loans.
- KYC of applicant and co-applicants
- Academic Records
- Proof of admission
- Entrance Exam Result(if applicable)
- Statement of cost of study/ Schedule of expenses
- Income Proof for Salaried Co-applicant/ Guarantor (if applicable)
- Bank account statement for last 6 months etc
- Property Documents (if applicable)
Parents of students pursuing school education from nursery to class XII.
Quantum of finance
Maximum Rs. 4 lakhs
Need based finance subject to repayment capacity of parents.
Coverage of expenses for
- Fee payable to college / school.
- Examination / library / laboratory fee.
- Fee and other charges payable to hostel.
- Purchase of books / equipments / instruments / uniforms.
- Personal Computers / Laptops wherever required.
- Caution deposit / building fund / refundable deposit supported by instituion bills / receipts.
- Cost of external coaching/tuition is not to be considered
- Loan for each yearly sub limit is repayable in 12 equal monthly instalments. First instalment to be due 12 months after first disbursement of each year's loan component.
- Interest to be serviced as and when applied during the moratorium period.
Total deductions from the income including the proposed instalment and interest should not exceed 60% of total income. The income of spouse, wherever spouse is working also to be considered. Suitable proof of income is to be obtained.
Unified Processing charges:
- No security.
- In case the loan is given for purchase of computer the same is to be hypothecated to the bank.
Directly to School / Institution / hostel -- term wise / year wise.
Directly to book seller / shop for purchase of books, instruments, equipments.
Next year disbursement to be made only after student has passed the current year annual examination & progress report / marksheet to that effect is produced by parents.
Branch in the vicinity of the Institute
Branch which is in close proximity to the permanent residence of parent/at the place of posting/service of the parent branch.
A stamped declaration / an affidavit confirming that no Educational loan is availed from other banks / institutions for the child for whom loan is sanctioned by us and shall not avail educational loan from any other bank without obtaining NOC from our bank during the pendency of our educational loan, be obtained No dues certificate need not be insisted upon.
Who can apply for the loan?
Any Indian national fulfilling criteria stated above is eligible for education loan.
Who can be co-obligant?
The parents, guardians, friends and relatives can be co-obligant.
How much does Bank of Baroda lend?
Bank of Baroda extend need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents/student with margin up to following ceilings.
Studies in India - Maximum Rs. 10 lakhs
Studies abroad - Maximum Rs. 20 lakhs
For how long a period can I get the loan?
We grant a loan for a term of 5-7 years after repayment holiday/moratorium.
What is the repayment holiday/moratorium period?
Course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting a job whichever is earlier.
What is the mode of repayment?
The accrued interest during the repayment holiday period to be added to the principal and repayment in Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) is fixed.
Do you offer any concession?
Yes, we do offer 1% interest concession to the student loanee, if the interest is serviced during the study period when repayment holiday is specified for interest repayment under the scheme. Additionally, 1% interest concession is provided to female students.
What type of interest do you charge under your Education Loan Scheme?
We charge simple interest at monthly rests during the repayment holiday/moratorium period.
Do you levy any penalty for default under the scheme?
Yes, we charge penal interest @ 2% on overdue amount in the loan exceeding Rs. 4 lakhs.
Baroda Gyan Loan
Baroda Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions
Skill Loan Scheme
Government of India Interest Subsidy Schemes for Education Loan
Baroda Education Loan for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions in India
Baroda Education Loans for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions Abroad
Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme for Pursuing Higher Education in Delhi
01 Nov 2019Applying for an education loan – the procedure you need to follow
01 Nov 2019How to apply for an education loan – a step by step guide