A right career begins with a right education.
Leave a missed call on: 8467001122
Education Loan EMI Calculator
Rate of Interest(%):5%15%
Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) will be₹49,209
Baroda Gyan Loan
This student loan in India is specifically designed for those pursuing graduation, post-graduation, or any other professional courses in India. To avail this loan, the student should have secured admission in the course. The maximum loan amount offered is Rs. 125 lakhs for medical & aviation education and Rs. 10 lakhs for other courses.
Interest rates & charges
Terms & Conditions
- Loan for Higher study in India (Target Group: Students pursuing Graduation, Post-Graduation, Professional and other courses in India.)
- No processing charges
- No documentation charges
- No Margin on loans up to 4 lacs.
- Graduation courses: BA, B.Com, B.Sc., etc.
- Post-Graduation courses : Masters & PhD.
- Professional courses like: engineering, medical, agriculture, veterinary, law, dental, management, architecture, computer, etc.
- (Management courses include hotel management, hospitality management, Event management, mass communication, etc. offered by reputed institutions having assured employment prospects).
- Computer certificate courses of reputed institutes accredited to the department of electronics or institutes affiliated to an approved university.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA.
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI. NIFT.
- Regular degree/diploma courses like aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., approved by the director general of civil aviation/shipping.
- Courses offered in India by reputed universities abroad.
- Evening courses of approved institutes.
- Other courses leading to diploma/degree etc., conducted by colleges/universities approved by UGC/Govt./AICTE/AIBMS/ICMR.
- Teachers training course/nursing course/B.Ed will be eligible for education loan provided the training institutions are approved either by the Central Government or by State Government and such courses should lead to a degree or diploma Course and not to certificate course. Branches can consider the request for education loan under our Baroda Gyan Scheme for the above courses. The fee that is to be considered for purpose should be the fee structure as approved by the State Government or Government approved regulatory body for merit seats in government Colleges/private self-financing colleges, cooperative and colleges run by universities, as the case may be.
Baroda Corporate Centre may approve other institution/courses depending on future prospects/recognition by user institutions.
- Should be resident Indian.
- Should have secured admission in a recognized institution for approved courses by UGC/Govt./AICTE through entrance test/merit based selection process after completion of HSC (10 plus 2 or equivalent).
- Where the selection process is not purely based on marks obtained in qualifying the examination, and the same is not the criterion for admission sanctioning authority to adopt appropriate criteria, based on employability and reputation of the institution concerned.
- A meritorious student (who qualifies for a seat under merit quota) will also be eligible for loan under this scheme even if the student chooses to pursue a course under management quota.
Rate of Interest:
BRLLR+2% (For Institutes not specified in Premier Institutions List)
Simple interest to be charged at monthly rests during the repayment holiday / moratorium period.
Simple interest to be charged at monthly rests during the repayment holiday / moratorium period.The Rate of Interest for Premier Institutions in India and Baroda Education Loan for Executive Development Programmes (Part Time/Weekend/Online Programmes) are as under:
For List-AA Institutions: BRLLR
For List-A Institutions: BRLLR
or List-B Institutions:
For List-A Institutions: BRLLR
For List-B Institutions: Up to Rs.7.50 Lacs : BRLLR+ .10% Spread (Including SP)Above Rs.7.50 Lacs: BRLLR+0.85% Spread (Including SP) For List-C Institutions:
Up to Rs.7.50 Lacs : BRLLR+ 1.85% Spread (Including SP)
Above Rs.7.50 Lacs: BRLLR +1.60% Spread (Including SP)
0.50% Concession in rate of interest to loans for girl student.
Penal interest @ 2% p.a. on overdue amount, if the loan amount exceeds Rs.4.00 lacs.
Additional Risk Premium @ 0.05% (Loans above Rs 7.50 lakhs) over the above rates would be applicable for customers not obtaining Credit Life Insurance.
- KYC of applicant and co-applicants
- Academic Records
- Proof of admission
- Entrance Exam Result(if applicable)
- Statement of cost of study/ Schedule of expenses
- Income Proof for Salaried Co-applicant/ Guarantor (if applicable)
- Bank account statement for last 6 months etc
- Property Documents (if applicable)
Students pursuing graduation, post-graduation, professional and other courses in India.
Quantum of finance
Maximum Rs.125.00 Lakh for Medical & Aviation Education
Maximum Rs.10.00 Lakh for others.
Need based finance subject to repayment capacity of parents.
- Up to RS. 4.00 lakhs: NIL
- Above RS. 4.00 lakhs: 5%
Baroda Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions in India: NIL Repayment Holiday/ Moratorium Period
Course period + 1 year.
Coverage of expenses for
- Fee payable to college / Institution / University / School / Hoste
- Examination / Library / Laboratory fee.
- Hostel fees / charges.
- Purchase of books / equipments / instruments / uniforms.
- Caution deposit, Building fund / refundable deposit supported by institution bills / receipts, subject to condition that the amount does not exceed 10% of the total tuition fees for the entire course.
- Purchase of Personal Computer / Laptop - essential for completion of the course.
- Insurance premium for student borrower, if any opted by the student. Presently Bank has tie up arrangement with M/s. IndiaFirst Life Insurance Co & M/s. Kotak Life Insurance co for Group Credit Life insurance cover to Educaiton Loan borrowers.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course – like study tours, project works, thesis, etc.
- Cost of external coaching / tuition is not to be considered.
- For admission taken under Management Quota Seats, fees as approved by the State Government / Government approved regulatory body for payment seats will be taken.
Note: The details of expenses for the entire course period to be obtained from college/institution.
- The loan is repayable in maximum 10 – 15 years after the completion of moratorium period as mentioned above
- For loans up to RS. 7.50 Lakhs : Moratorium Period +Maximum -120- installments
- For Loans above RS. 7.50 Lakhs : Moratorium Period +Maximum -180- installments
Unified Processing charges: NIL
- A non-refundable Lump sum amount Rs. 8500/-+Taxes per property (towards Advocate and Valuer charges) to be taken upfront in case of all Education Loan accounts, wherever property is mortgaged.
Up to Rs. 4.00 Lacs: Co-obligation of parent. No Security.
Above Rs. 4.00 Lacs and up to Rs. 7.50 lacs: Collateral in the form of a suitable third party guarantee along with assignment of future income.
The Regional authority may, at its discretion, waive third party guarantee in following cases:
if satisfied with the net-worth / means of parent who would be executing the document as “Joint borrower”.
to support highly meritorious / deserving students who have secured admission in an institution of a high repute, but unable to offer suitable third-party guarantee
For limit above 7.5 lacs and up to Rs 80 lacs, tangible collateral security equal to 100% of the loan amount and for limit above Rs 80.00 lacs, total security coverage should be 1.25 times. The above should be along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of instalments.
- Directly to School / Institution / hostel -- term wise / year wise, in stages as per the requirement / demand.
- Directly to book seller / shop for purchase of books, instruments, equipments.
- In case student does not secure hostel facility with educational institute, he may be allowed to make his own arrangement if required. Lodging / boarding charges in such cases to be paid directly to concerned establishment, after verifying bonafides of the same.
- Branch in the vicinity of the InstituteOr
- Branch which is in close proximity to the permanent residence of parent/at the place of posting/service of the parent Branch
Who can apply for the loan?
Any Indian national fulfilling criteria stated above is eligible for education loan.
Who can be co-obligant?
The parents, guardians, friends and relative can be co-obligant.
How much does Bank of Baroda lend?
Bank of Baroda extends need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents/student with margin up to following ceilings.
Studies in India - Maximum Rs. 10 lakhs
Studies abroad - Maximum Rs. 20 lakhs
For how long a period can I get the loan?
We grant loans for a term of 5-7 years after repayment holiday/moratorium.
What is the repayment holiday/moratorium period?
Course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting a job whichever is earlier.
What is the mode of repayment?
The accrued interest during the repayment holiday period to be added to the principal and repayment in Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) is fixed.
Do you offer any concession?
Yes, we do offer 1% interest concession to the student loanee, if the interest is serviced during the study period when repayment holiday is specified for interest/repayment under the scheme. Additionally, 1% interest concession is provided to girl students.
What type of interest do you charge under your Education Loan Scheme?
We charge simple interest at monthly rests during the repayment holiday/moratorium period.
Do you levy any penalty for default under the scheme?
Yes, we charge penal interest @ 2% on overdue amount in the loan exceeding Rs. 4 lakhs.
Baroda Education Loan to Students of Premier Institutions
Skill Loan Scheme
Vidya Lakshmi Portal
Government of India Interest Subsidy Schemes for Education Loan
Baroda Education Loan for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions in India
Baroda Education Loans for EDP being offered by Premier Institutions Abroad
Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme for Pursuing Higher Education in Delhi
01 Nov 2019Applying for an education loan – the procedure you need to follow
01 Nov 2019How to apply for an education loan – a step by step guide