Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday
Plans available under OMP are as following:
Plan A & B- Business and Holiday Travel (all figures in US $)
|Worldwide excluding USA/Canada
||Worldwide incl. USA/Canada
|Section – A
Illness, medical evacuation, repatriation,
|Section – B
Personal Accident & disablement
|Section – C
Loss of Checked Baggage
|Section – D
Delay of Checked Baggage
|Section – E
Loss of Passport
|Section – F
Third Party bodily Injury & Property damage
Section A also covers emergency dental services up to US $ 225 per occurrence for the immediate relief of dental pain, in addition to medical expenses related to illness, medical evacuation, and repatriation
Delay in Checked Baggage only for outbound International flight and the delay is for over 12 hrs.
- Deductibles are applicable for each section
- In addition, Plan K - For travel in Asian countries excluding Japan for business and holiday limited to US$ 15,000
Section A: Medical Expenses, Evacuation, repatriation – USD 15,000
Section B: Personal Accident, Permanent Disability - USD 7,500
The selected OMP policies can be bought on line using credit, debit cards as well as net banking.
As detailed above in the salient features section.
- First US$ 100 of all claims is to be borne by the traveller.
- For travellers over 70 years of age and above 60 days of journey, the following Medical reports (from an MD Cardiologist) need to be submitted along with the proposal form:
- Fasting Blood Sugar or Urine Strip test
- In case of travellers unable to submit the above Medical reports cover stands restricted to USD 10,000.
- All pre-existing disease/illnesses are not covered (known and unknown).
- Traveling against Medical advice or for Medical treatment including routine check-up.
- Claims arising out of participation in Military, Naval or Airforce operations
- Claims arising out of -Suicide/ intentional self-injury/ mental disorder/ alcoholism/ drug abuse/HIV related illness including AIDS
- Claims arising out of participation in winter sports/ mountaineering/ adventure sports etc.
- The policy covers various travel emergencies faced whilst abroad.
- Premium can be paid in Indian Rupees (except in case of Employment)
- Claim assistance available from an international service provider
- Claims are payable in foreign currency to Doctors / Hospitals abroad, directly by the service provider in most cases. In case, cashless service is not available insured can claim reimbursement
The policy can be purchased by any Citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan going abroad for business or holiday purposes or any Foreign nationals working in India for Indian employers of multi-national organizations getting salary in Indian rupees