FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS [FAQ’S]
UNIFIED PAYMENT INTERFACE [UPI]
Q: Can I continue to use the existing BHIM Vijaya UPI app post IT System upgrade of the branches.
A: No, you will have to download & install the BHIM Baroda Pay UPI application from Google Playstore (Android Devices) or iOS Playstore (iOS Devices).
Q: My branch has undergone IT System upgrade and I have downloaded / install the BHIM Baroda Pay UPI, what is the BANK NAME I have to select in the drop down list provided.
A: Once your branch has undergone IT System upgrade, you will have to select Bank of Baroda from the Bank Name drop down list. The new accounts will be displayed against the Registered Mobile Number (RMN).
Q: Can I continue to use the existing login PIN and UPI Pin after installing BHIM Baroda Pay UPI application.
A: No, you will have to create 4 digit login PIN and set 4 digit UPI PIN afresh.
Q: Debit Card is mandatory for setting UPI PIN, can I continue to use my existing eVijaya Bank Debit Card post the IT Systems upgrade.
A: Yes, you can continue to use your existing Debit Card issued to you till the expiry of the Debit Card.
Q: Can I continue to use my existing Virtual Payment Address [VPA] which was created in BHIM Vijaya UPI app.
A: No, you will have to create your VPA again. For Bank of Baroda, VPA handler is @barodapay and @barodampay.
Q: Will my existing beneficiary list be carried over / auto fetched to BHIM Baroda Pay UPI app.
A: No, your existing beneficiary list will not be carried over / auto fetched to BHIM Baroda Pay UPI app. You will have to register a beneficiary before transferring funds through UPI.
Q: I am maintaining multiple accounts in two or more branches, but only one branch has undergone IT System upgrade. Will I be able to access accounts of the other branches which are yet to undergo IT System upgrade.
A: Yes, you will be able to access the accounts of the other branches which are yet to undergo IT System upgrade. However, the accounts of the branches Page 2 of 3
which are yet to undergo IT System upgrade can be added in BHIM Baroda Pay UPI app by selecting Vijaya Bank from BANK NAME drop down list.
Q. Why am I not able to connect on UPI?
A. The reason may be:
- Your account may have become Dormant / In-active.
- Mobile Number from which you are trying to sign in may not be registered to your Account.
- Customer is having Mode of Operation which is not eligible for UPI services such as Joint/ Anyone or survivor, former or survivor etc.
- You are having account with multiple customer IDs
Q. Will I be able to view my past transactions which I have executed using BHIM Vijaya UPI app post IT System upgrade of the branches? / Will my past transactions in the BHIM Vijaya UPI app be carried over to BHIM Baroda Pay UPI.
A. No, you cannot view your past transactions which have been executed using BHIM Vijaya UPI app.
Q. What is the transaction limit for the first time user in UPI?
A. The transaction limit for first time UPI user is up to Rs. 5,000.
Q: How secure is BHIM Baroda Pay UPI app.
A: Application is fully secure with the following security features:
- Unified Payment Interface is highly secured as it works on two factor authentication (2FA), one being registered Mobile Number and second being UPI PIN incorporated with dedicated NPCI secured library.
- Device/SIM Binding with handset IMEI number.
- System validates customer Mobile Number, Device IMEI number and SIM serial number at the time of login.
Q: What are the Service Charges for using BHIM Baroda Pay UPI? / How much does it cost to use BHIM Baroda Pay UPI?
A: BHIM Baroda Pay UPI can be downloaded for free. The Mobile App uses mobile internet data and messaging that will incur charges based on your telecom provider’s data and messaging plan.
Q: I am currently using Third Party apps like Google Pay etc., however post the IT System upgrade I am not able to link my accounts to any Third Party apps.
A: In the instance, your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) is linked with more than one Customer ID, you will not be able to link accounts in any Third Party apps. However, you can download / install the BHIM Baroda Pay UPI
app then select BANK NAME as Bank of Baroda and add the accounts linked to the desired Customer ID which is linked to the Registered Mobile Number and set UPI PIN.
Q: I am currently using Third Party apps like Google Pay etc., my branch has undergone IT System upgrade and my Account Number has changed. What do I do?
A: Kindly follow the following steps:
- Ascertain the details of the accounts which are lined to your Virtual Payment Address [VPA].
- Under the ‘ADD BANK ACCOUNT’ you will have to select Bank of Baroda.
- Thereafter, the app would automatically fetch the new Account Number allotted to you after the upgrade.
- Link the new Account Number to your VPA. After linking the new Account Number to your VPA, you can view all the accounts linked / added to your VPA.
- Once the addition / linkage is complete, you can delete the old eVijaya Bank account no., you will not be able to do any kind of transaction with Old Account.
- Since you have linked / added a new account, you will have to set generate UPI Pin using your Debit Card credentials. [you can continue to use your existing Debit Card issued for setting UPI PIN].
- Now you can start transacting.