Now that you have a thriving career, you are done living on rent. You have already picked your dream house.You have also narrowed down on the bank that you want to borrow your home loan from-like for example Bank of Baroda, based on low attractive interest rates, flexible EMI options and speedy processing and simple straightforward documentation. Now before you approach a financial institution, it helps to know how a home loan is disbursed. Here is a simple guide to the home loan disbursement process where we discuss the three stages of home loan disbursement.
Type of home loans
How the bank makes the disbursement really depends on what stage of construction the real estate property is at. If it is a resale or a fully constructed house, the bank may make full disbursement at one go but if it is partially constructed then the disbursement may also be done in tranches. Bank of Baroda home loans can be availed for different types of residential properties and purposes like
- Purchase of a recently constructed house
- Purchase of Residential Plot land
- Construction of house
- Home improvement/extension of rooms and area
The three home loan disbursement stages are:
Applying for the loan
First stage is the submission of the home loan application along with relevant original documents. The documents you would be required to submit include
- Passport size photographs
- Proof of identity, residence and age
- Proof of office/business address
- Bank statements of the last 6 months
- Copy of Income Tax Returns of the last 2 years
- Proof of investments such as insurance, fixed deposits or shares and stocks
- Pay slips of the last 3 months for salaried persons
- For business owners/self-employed persons: Verified copies of Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss accounts, IT Return, assessment orders, advance tax challans, (for both company/firm and personal account), VAT/GST Returns for the last 3 years
- Copy of documents related to the property to be purchased
Home loan sanction
Once the application is submitted with the financial institution, the second stage is that of sanction and disbursement. The loan application will also go through technical and property verification, accompanied by inspections.
You receive the confirmation through a home loan disbursement letter, which is when you know that your loan application has been cleared. In the event that your loan application is incomplete or some documents relevant for the sanction are missing, you would be asked to furnish those before your loan is sanctioned. Documents like own contribution receipt, NOC or no objection certificates and sale deeds are legally examined by the bank’s legal experts. Once the lawyers approve of the legitimacy of the documents served, the loan application goes to the next stage of final approval.
Repayment schedule, down payment amount and dates
The bank officer will obtain the receipt of the down payment made by you and confirm the date when the first installment must be paid. Once the documents like the Credit Facility Application Form have been processed, the amount will be disbursed in single payment or in tranches..
Based on impressive credit scores of some of the old time borrowers, banks may also offer them pre-approved home loans.