Introduction to Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)
- Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an initiative of national importance which offers interoperable, accessible and real time bill payment services to customers across geographic and demographic lines. BBPS is bill payment system in India with a single brand image providing convenience of ‘anytime anywhere’ bill payment to customers.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has been authorized by RBI as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU) and is responsible for setting business standards, rules and procedures for technical and business requirements for all participants.
- BBPS offers interoperable and accessible bill payment services to customers through a network of agents, enabling multiple payment modes and providing instant confirmation of receipt of payment.
Scope of BBPS
- BBPS facilitates collection of repetitive (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly etc.) payments for everyday services provided by service providers.
- Presently, it covers all categories of billers who raise recurring bills (except prepaid recharges) such as electricity, water, gas, DTH, telecom services, insurance, credit card, Mutual Fund, Institution Fees, Housing Society, FASTag, EMI of NBFCs, cable, subscriptions, donations, etc.
- Customers having options for multiple payment mechanisms for bills/collections i.e., electronic payment options such as Net banking, Mobile banking, UPI, Business Correspondent Points, etc.
Benefits of BBPS:
- BBPS offers the facility of “Anytime Anywhere” payment of bills, participating on BBPS network, to customers through a network of agents.
- BBPS provides interoperability so that consumers can pay the bills of any biller at a single point and facilitate payments via multiple payment modes.
- Furnishes instant confirmation of payment made via a payment receipt/confirmation message. The receipt could be in the form of SMS/ email/ print out as desired by the customer
- The BBPS brand assures trust and confidence amongst consumers for the certainty, reliability and safety of the transaction.
- With BBPS, customers no longer need to stand in long queues.
BBPS in our Bank
- Bank of Baroda is providing Bill Payment services to the customers through:
- Baroda M-Connect Plus (Mobile Banking)
- Baroda Connect (Net Banking Pre-login)
- BHIM UPI mobile app of NPCI for BOB customers
- Business Correspondent Points (BC Points) through Financial Inclusion Gateway
- Government of India’s UMANG app
- vMobile Mobile Banking app for erstwhile Vijaya Bank customers
- eDena net banking (pre-login) for erstwhile Dena Bank customers
- Bank has on-boarded Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) for facilitating electricity bill payments on BBPS system.
- The list of billers available for payment is being updated from time to time.
- No extra charge is being collected by the Bank for this service to the Bank of Baroda customers for electronic transactions.
- For failed bill payment transactions, transaction amount is being refunded to the respective customer’s source account within two working days.
Customers can lodge their BBPS bill payment related complaints using following link: https://smepaisa.bankofbaroda.co.in/onlinecomplaint/