This account can be opened by small businesses (i.e. individuals, proprietorship & partnership concerns only). Account is available in Metro & Urban centers only.
All genuine purpose oriented transactions are allowed. Annual turnover permissible in the account is capped at Rs.20 lakhs.
- First 5 non ADC transactions are free per month after which Rs.10 +GST per transaction will be levied for all non ADC transactions routed through branches till annual turnover reaches Rs.20 lakhs.
- If Annual turnover crosses Rs.20 lakhs, transaction charges @ Rs.15 +GST per transaction will be levied.
- All ADC transactions are free irrespective of number.
- Transaction charges as mentioned above will be calculated on daily basis but recovered at the end of every month
In case of transfer transaction one entry i.e. either debit or credit entry of the transaction must be in the branch transferring the fund.
- At base branch and local non-base branch: Upto Rs.50000/- Or Up to 10 packets i.e. 1000 pieces of notes of any denominations taken together, whichever is higher - free of charge per day. For additional 1000 pieces (10 packet) or part thereof charges @Rs.10/- (Min Rs.10/- & Max. Rs.10,000/-) will be charged.
- At outstation branches: There is no restriction for cash deposit in outstation branches if PAN is available in the account. Service charge will be levied as under: 7:13 PM
|Amount (In Rs.)
||Service Charge (in Rs.)
|Up to 25,000/-
|Above 25000 to 50000
|Above 50,000/- to 1 Lac
|Above 1 Lac
- Without PAN or Form No 60/61 max. amount of Rs.49999/- cash can be deposited in the account in a day
- At Cash machines: Cash deposit with debit card is allowed up to Rs.2,00,000/- (2 Lacs) per day where PAN is registered and Rs.49,999/- where PAN is not be registered in account. Card less transaction (by feeding account number) is allowed up to Rs. 20,000/- per day. Fake note, Suspicious Note is impounded and receipt will given to the customer. Torne/Mutilated/Taped notes are not accepted by this machine.
Minimum Balance Requirement
Minimum Quarterly Average Balance (QAB) – Rs. 2500/- .Non-maintenance of Minimum QAB will attract Rs.300/- +GST per quarter.
No interest is payable in current account except in case of deceased account where interest @ of saving banks is paid from the date of death of the account holder till the settlement of the account.
- Withdrawal allowed by cheque only. No upper limit for cash withdrawing at base branch. At local non-base branch and outstation branches Cash withdrawal up to Rs.25,000/- per day per account is free of charges thereafter service charges is levied @ Rs.2/- per thousand or part thereof minimum Rs.50/- and cash withdrawal is allowed to account holder up to Rs.50,000/- per day only by self cheque. Third party cash payment at non-base branches is not allowed
- System will not charge Rs 10/- as transaction charges upto 5 transactions per month).
Statement of Account
- Statement of Account is provided once a month free of cost. Duplicate statement will be issued with present balance only @ service charge of Rs.100/-+GST. For old entries of individual accounts charges @ Rs.75/- +GST per ledger page (25 entries treated as one ledger page). For Non-individual accounts charges @ Rs.150/- +GST for duplicate statement with current Balance only. For old entries the rate is Rs.150/- +GST per ledger page for non-individual accounts.
- One statement (Hard Copy) free in a month.
- Free e-statement on registered e-mail provided minimum 4 transactions per month are there in the account.
Folio charges will be recovered @Rs.125/- +GST per folio for every 25 entries. Free folio allowed p.a. based on Av. Cr. bal. as follows:
|Average Credit Balance (in Rs.)
||Folios not chargeable
|Upto 1 Lac
||4 (100 entries i.e. 25 entries per quarter)
|Above 1 Lac
Ledger folio charges to be recovered on quarterly basis. QAB is calculated from 16th March to15th June., 16th June to 15th Sept, 16th Sept to 15th Dec. & 16th Dec to 15 March every year.
No charges on issuance of first cheque book of 50 Leaves on opening a Current account. Subsequent Cheques will attract charges @Rs.5/- +GST per leaf.
RuPay Classic Card (for individual & Proprietors only) – Free for first year and thereafter charges @ Rs. 150/- +GST p.a. will be levied.
Discount on DEMAT services
Waiver of 1st year AMC charges of Rs.250/- for Individuals and Rs.550/- for Non individuals. (Individuals, partners, proprietors).
For Standing Instruction within the Bank there is no charge. Charges @Rs.50/- + Remittance Charge + Postage charged for SI sent out of the branches. Charges @ Rs.100/-per occasion will be deducted if the instruction could not be executed on a particular date due to insufficient balance.
Transfer/ Closure of Accounts
A/c can be transferred/ closed at the written request of customers only. New cheque book will be issued to him. No charges required for transfer of an account. For closure of Current account within one year @ Rs.250/- +GST (Individual) & @Rs500/- +GST (others) will be deducted.
Account remaining Dormant for 10 years are treated as unclaimed deposits and are transferred to RBI.
The Bank may disclose information about Customer’s account, if required or permitted by law, rule or regulations, or at the request of any public or regulatory authority or if such disclosure is required for the purpose of preventing frauds, or in public interest, without specific consent of the account holder/s.
Facility of SMS Alerts charges: Rs.10/- +GST per quarter.
All relevant policies including code of commitment to customers and grievances redressal policies are available at the branch.
The bank will notify, 30 days in advance regarding any change in Terms & Conditions /fee and charges on its website.
DICGC Insurance Cover
Details of insurance cover in force under the scheme offered by Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC) to the extent of Rs.1 /- lakh per depositor.
Addition/deletion of Joint Holder
Rs.100/- +GST per occasion (No charges in case of death).
Rs.50/- +GST per occasion (No charges in case of death)
Change of Authorized Signatory
Rs.250/- per change
Rs.200/- +GST per Instrument; Rs.1000/- +GST for whole cheque Book
Issuance of Balance Certificate
Rs.75/- +GST (for Individual); Rs.150/- +GST (for others)
Allowing operation through POA/ Mandate
Opening A/c with restrictive operation
Rs.500/- per instruction
Cheque Return Charges:
Inward Return Charges: Rs.125/- +GST (Up to Rs.1 Lac); Rs.250/- +GST (Rs.1 Lac to 1 crore) & Rs.500/- (Above 1 Crore).
Outward Return Charges Rs.250/- +GST (Up to Rs.1 Lac); Rs.500/- +GST (Rs.1 Lac to 1 Crore) & Rs.750/- +GST (Above 1 Crore)
Financial Reason (both for drawer & payee). If Cheque returned for Technical Reasons for no fault of Customer no charges deducted.
Copy of original of cheque / DD (paid by the Bank)
Rs.100/- +GST upto 6 months old record, beyond 6 months – Rs.250/- +GST.
Rules for Transfer/ inter-sol transfer/clearing transactions and charges
- Transfer Transaction at base branch Allowed freely without any limit
- Transfer Transaction at Non-base branch (local as well as outstation) Normally allowed only at a branch where either drawer or payee maintains account. However, for genuine transactions, Branch Head is authorized to allow transactions at non-base branch (where neither drawer nor payee maintains account) on case to case basis subject to certain conditions. There are no charges for Inter-sol transfer transactions.
- Clearing Transactions: There is no restriction for clearing transactions.
*All Charges are exclusive of Tax.
*All charges are subject to changes from time to time.
*For latest service charges, please visit our website www.bankofbaroda.com
Who can open a current account?
An individual, proprietorship and partnership firm, limited company and even a limited liability partnership can open a current account. For specific eligibility criteria on current account opening, contact the nearest branch.
What is the minimum balance needed for a current account?
One of the benefits of a current account is the low minimum average quarterly balance. However, this amount varies based on the type of current account you hold. Ask your relationship manager or bank executive for more details.
What are the benefits of a current account ?
With a current account, you can do a large number of transactions in a single day. You also access several banking services free of charge, depending on the type of current account. This includes applying for overdraft facilities on your current account.