A leading bank like Bank of Baroda offers a bouquet of savings accounts that you can pick from to park your salary and income from other sources with, while earning some interest based on the type of bank account you choose to open.
At the end of the day, your needs are as unique as you. From daily transaction to fulfilling your professional goals, our savings bank accounts are one stop solution for all your needs. Access your account and transact from anywhere, anytime with our digital banking services.
Before you do that, here are a few documents you will need to keep handy to open a savings bank account.
What are KYC norms?
Know Your Customer norms apply to everyone who wishes to open a bank account. KYC is certain basic information that the banks need to have about the applicant. This information is backed up by necessary documents submitted by the applicant to authenticate his/her identity. This is basically to weed out potential frauds and monitor suspicious high value transactions that may be related to illegal trades, money laundering or other financial scams.
The documents you will need to submit while applying for a bank account are-
Proof of identity
For this, you can provide
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Government/Defence ID Card
- Driving License
- Pension Payment Orders issued to the retired employees by Central/State Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings
- Photo ID Cards issued by Post Offices
- Photo identity Cards issued to bonafide students by a University, approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and/or an Institute approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Proof of address
You can provide any of the following as proof of address
- Driving license
- Salary slip
- Income tax assessment order
- Utilities like electricity bill, landline bills-not older than 2 months.
- Bank statement
- Letter from employer/public authority (should be validated by bank)
- Ration card
- Voter ID card
- Retired government employees can produce pension payment orders
- Registered leave and license agreement or sale deed or lease agreement.
- Please note, every time there is a change of address or change in any other detail furnished to the bank, the applicant will need to immediately notify it to the bank along with updated document proofs.
2 latest passport size photographs
The Next Steps
- After having all the documents in place, applicants need to fill up the bank account opening form. Fill up all the mandatory fields. For questions or enquiries about the form, a customer representative is always available for help during the branch’s working hours.
- Now, the application form along with the above documents needs to be submitted at the bank branch. Applicants should keep the originals with then, which will be required for verification purposes.
- Bank executives examine and verify the documents and that the details submitted in the form matches with that on the document proofs like name, date of birth, address, signature among others.
- Applicant may be asked to make a token deposit for account opening. This does not apply to zero-balance accounts.
- The applicant will receive a debit card and other welcome literature on the address submitted by them in the application form.