Planning to go on a trip abroad? Don’t forget to carry a forex card for a hassle-free trip. So, what is forex card?
A forex card is the safest way of carrying foreign currency for paying for expenses when you are travelling abroad. It is a prepaid card which you can load with a specified amount in a foreign currency. So, when you are travelling overseas, you can swipe this forex card to pay for your expenses, instead of carrying cash around. It works as a debit card. You can also withdraw cash with your forex card from an ATM.
What is forex card and its types?
A forex card is a type of prepaid card in which you can load money in foreign currency. It is globally accepted, and you can either pay for your expenses using your forex card or withdraw cash in foreign currency at an ATM.
Forex cards are largely divided into two types – single currency cards and multicurrency cards.
- Single currency forex card: A single currency forex card can be loaded with a particular foreign currency. You can use load this card with a currency when travelling to a particular country.
- Multi-currency forex card: As the name suggests, you can preload this card with multiple currencies. Check with your bank about the currencies that you can load onto your multi-currency forex card.
What is the use of forex card?
A forex card is your best friend when you are travelling in a foreign country. There are several benefits of carrying a forex card over travelling with wads of cash or looking for places to convert currencies.
- With a forex card, you are likely to get a better conversion rate. Buying a forex card from a bank is a cheaper solution to currency converted.
- Most banks offer a range of forex cards that can suit your needs. You need not necessarily have an existing account with the bank to be able to purchase a forex card.
- You can avail of many deals, offers and discounts that most banks offer when you purchase a forex card.
- A forex card is much safer than carrying cash around. It comes with the chip and pin technology, which adds another layer of safety. Further, if you lose your forex card, you can get your card hot listed immediately to avoid any misuse of the card.
- If your card has a remaining balance when you are back home from travel, you can encash the amount at the existing exchange rates. To avoid maintenance charges, you can get your card blocked until your next visit overseas.
How forex cards work?
What is forex card if not a debit/ credit card for your overseas travels. They are globally accepted and are a safer alternative to cash. But how does a forex card work?
It works exactly like a credit or debit card. You apply for a card. Once your application is approved, you receive the card with a pin. Change the pin. Use internet banking to load the card with your desired amount and currency. Now you are good to go.
When abroad, just swipe your forex card at the point of sale machine whenever you pay for something. Just like a debit/ credit card transaction, you will receive SMS and email notification of your transaction and the balance.
Gone are the days of travelling with cash in hand. The world has gone digital and it’s time you did, too. With a forex card in hand, you can get the best deals. Be a global citizen and shop without any limits with a forex card. Avoid queues for exchanging your currencies. Forget about the hassles of travelling with wads of cash in your pocket. Just swipe your forex card and enjoy your trip to the fullest.